If you are interested in employment at Faith Christian Academy, the following information will be required prior to further consideration:
- Act 34: PA State Police Clearance - This clearance must be dated within five years of proposed start date (The school administrator must see the original and retain a verified copy). The cost of this clearance is $10, paid by credit card (if applying online).
To apply online - Results available immediately:
- The applicant may apply online at https://epatch.state.pa.us. The applicant may print and retain the receipt.
- Upon receiving the results, the applicant is to disclose the control number (this starts with the letter "R") to the employer so that official clearance results may be viewed online by the school administrator.
- Act 151: Child Abuse Clearance - This clearance must be dated within five years of proposed start date (The school administrator must see the original and retain a verified copy). The cost of this clearance is $10, paid by credit card (if applying online).
To apply online - Result times may vary:
- The applicant may apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- Create an account on the Child Welfare Portal OR login if account previously created.
- Read all information; create a Keystone ID and complete all requested information.
- The applicant will receive an email confirmation when results are ready to be viewed. This may be done at any time by logging in to the account, created by the applicant. Upon receiving the results, the applicant is responsible to present the OFFICIAL document to the school administrator. A copy will be made, signed and dated by the school administrator (verifying that the original was viewed), and the official document will be returned to the applicant.
- Act 114: FBI Fingerprint - This clearance must be dated within five years of proposed start date.
- To obtain new Fingerprint Background Check, visit: https://uenroll.identogo.com.
- Enter service code 1KG6TR, and click "go."
- Click "Schedule or Manage Appointment."
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete required fields on each page, clicking "next" to continue to the locations screen.
- Follow instructions to find fingerprint location near you.
- Pick an Enrollment Center from list of locations, and either schedule an appointment or check the "walk in" box to compete registration.
- If registration is completed successfully, you will be redirected to a Service Summary page and will also receive a confirmation e-mail (if an e-mail was provided).
- Take required documents and payment method of your choice (Business Check, Money Order, Credit Card) to the previously chosen Enrollment Center for your scheduled appointment, or walk-in during operating hours.
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com to manage your appointment, obtain operating hours, and check the status of your service.
- If you already have a previous FBI Background Check done through Gemalto (formerly Cogent): If you were previously printed under the Department of Education but only have the registration number (starting with "PAE") on your unofficial response letter, you must follow the directions above to be printed through IdentoGO. Educational entities in PA can no longer access clearances using that registration number. If you have your actual rap sheet, dated within 5 years, you may present that to FCA to satisfy this requirement.
- If you were previously printed under the Department of Human Services and have the official clearance dated within five years, FCA will only accept the "No Record Exists" result.
- Act 168: Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release - This standardized form has been developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, pursuant to Act 168 of 2014, to be used by school entities and independent contractors of school entities and by applicants who would be employed by or in a school entity in a position involving direct contact with children to satisfy the Act's requirement of providing information related to abuse or sexual misconduct. As required by Act 168, in addition to fulfilling the requirements under section 111 of the School Code and the Child Protective Services Law ("CPSL"), an applicant who would be employed by or in a school entity in a position having direct contact with children, must provide the information requested in SECTION 1 of the form and a written authorization that consents to and authorizes the disclosure by the applicant's current and former employers of the information requested in SECTION 2 of the form. The applicant shall complete one form for the applicant's current employer(s) and one for each of the applicant's former employers that were school entities or where the applicant was employed in a position having direct contact with children (therefore, the applicant may have to complete more than one form).
- Complete a separate form for each CURRENT employer(s) AND all previous employers that were school entities or WHERE YOU, the applicant, HAD DIRECT CONTACT WITH CHILDREN. These forms should be submitted to the HR Coordinator to be mailed..
- TComplete and return the Employer Contact Information sheet to the HR Coordinator. This list should be completed with as much contact information as possible regarding your current/previous employer(s) to whom your Act 168(s) are to be submitted.
- Upon completion by the applicant, the hiring school entity or independent contractor shall submit the form to the applicant's current and former employers to complete SECTION 2. A school entity or independent contractor may not hire an applicant who does not provide the required information for a position involving direct contact with children.
- Act 153: Tuberculin/TB Testing - TB test results must be dated within 3 months of the start date.
- Once verbal employment offer is accepted, the applicant is responsible to acquire a physical and TB testing. The applicant shall present the provided form, titled "SCHOOL PERSONNEL HEALTH RECORD" to a health care provider of his/her choice for:.
- TB test administration.
- Form completion.
- Authorized Signature.
- The applicant is to return the completed form to the school administrator PRIOR to start date.