Faith Christian Academy is a ministry of Faith Baptist Church. The following are excerpts from our Church Constitution showing the basic beliefs of our church and school:
1. Scriptures: We believe that the scriptures, both the Old and the New Testaments, are the verbal, plenary, inspired Word of God; inerrant in the original writings, and are the only supreme and final authority in faith and life (II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:21).
2. Trinity: We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19; John 10:30, Acts 5:3, 4).
3. Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is the true God and true man (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Colossians 2:9).
4. Atonement: We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutional sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood (Romans 5:9; I Corinthians 15:1-4, 20-25; Hebrews 7:25).
5. Resurrection of Christ: We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord, His bodily ascension into Heaven, and His bodily presence there for us as a High Priest and Advocate (Acts 1:9-11, I Corinthians 15:1-4, 20-25: Hebrews 7:25).
6. Return of Christ: We believe in the blessed hope, the personal, bodily, pretribulational, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (Matthew 24:44; John 14:1-3, II Thessalonians 2).
7. Salvation: We believe that all who truly repent of their sins and believe and receive, by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and are thereby children of God and are eternally saved (John 3:3; Galatians 3:24-26; I John 5:13).
8. Satan: We believe that Satan is literal and personal, the agent of the fall, the prince of power of this world, and that he shall be judged and eternally punished (Ephesians 2:1-4; Revelation 20:2-10).
9. Eternal State: We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust; the eternal, conscious punishment of the lost and the eternal joy of the saved (I Thessalonians 4:16-18; Revelation 20).
10. Baptism: We believe that immersion is the only mode of baptism taught and commanded in the Scriptures; that it has no saving power and that the new birth, which comes through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, is the scriptural prerequisite to baptism. Therefore, only those who are old enough to believe for themselves should be baptized (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-5).
11. The Lord's Table: We believe that the Lord's Supper is a memorial of the death of Christ and that only those who have been saved through faith in His atoning blood and are walking in obedient fellowship with Him should partake of it. We do not believe in closed communion (I Corinthians 11:23-32).
12. Separation: We believe that all the saved are called into a life of separation from every worldly and sinful practice (Romans 12:1-2; James 4:4; I John 2:15-17).