√ Intro to Spanish
√ Fine Arts
- Total Credits: 1
• Life of Christ
In addition to attending Bible classes three times a week, students are required to attend a chapel service every Monday and Friday. Parents are welcome to attend these services, which begin at 11:25 am.
- Total Credits: 1
• Grammar: Study all parts of speech, capitalization, punctuation, and diagramming.
• Literature: Study of various stories by well known authors.
• Novels: Read several throughout the year, including Out of the Dust and The Call of the Wild.
• Composition: Various writing projects including several forms, creative writing and personal writing, and journals.
• Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry: Study several lists of words, one hundred sixty-eight vocabulary words, memorize eight poems.
- Credits: 1
• Expressions & Equations
√ Addition• Decimals
√ Addition• Integers
√ Addition• Number Theory
• Rational Numbers
√ Addition• Equations & Inequalities
• Ratio, Proportion & Percent
• Area and Volume
• Statistics and Probability
Students will develop an understanding of expressions, inequalities, and equations while focusing on how algebra can be introduced into ratios, geometry, probability, percentages, graphing, and word problems. In addition, students will do weekly mental math drills to maintain basic skills.
• Microsoft Word
√ Create, edit, and format documents √ Insert pictures, tables, and charts √ Create resumes and research papers• Microsoft Excel
√ Create, edit, and format spreadsheets √ Insert pictures, tables, and charts √ Create formulas• Microsoft PowerPoint
√ Create, edit, and format presentations √ Insert pictures, videos, tables, and charts• Microsoft Access
√ Create, edit, and format databases
• Geography covering Themes of Geography, North America, South America, and Northern Europe.
• Days Held: M-F
• Electives: Individual / Group Presentations
- Credits: 1
• Measurements, the Scientific Method
• Organization of Living Systems & Classification of Living Things
• Carbon Compounds in Living Things
• Physical Variables of Land & Freshwater Habitats
• Ecosystems, Food Chains, Food Webs and Biomes
• Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells, Plant vs. Animal Cells
• Cell Transport, Comparing Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis
• Types of Protozoans, Comparing Bacteria and Protozoans & Viruses
• The Cell Cycle
• Laws of How Traits Are Passed on to Offspring, The Steps of DNA Replication
• Algae and Fungi, Plants, Animals
• Invertebrates and Vertebrates
• The Circulatory, Respiratory and Organ Systems
• Structure of Bone, Skeletal/Muscle Partners as Simple Machines
• Nerve Impulses, How the Eye Works, How the Ear Works
Intro to Spanish
• Words that are similar in English and Spanish; How to say “the” in Spanish
• How to make things plural
• Indefinite articles
• How to express actions; How to ask questions and say no in Spanish
• How to count in Spanish
• Telling time in Spanish
• -ER , -AR, and –IR verbs
• Adjectives – how to describe things in Spanish
• Professions and trades; the verb ser
• Expressions with estar; uses of ser and estar
• Days and months
• The verb tener; expressions with tener
• Weather expressions; Seasons; the verb hacer
• Possessive adjectives
• What to say when you like something; the verb gustar